Thursday, January 12, 2012

Civil War Heritage Trails

Today I had lunch with Steven Longcrier, Executive Director of the Civil War Heritage Trails.  He is leading an effort to put up historical markers and signs along Sherman's route throughout Georgia.  Be sure to visit their website and see what's been done so far.  Here's a link to their March to the Sea page.  Also joining us was Jeanmarie Bronson Garber, a friend of mine who is a key mover and shaker in the local Civil War Round Table circles.  We discussed the idea of the film and they gave me some insight on books to read and people to interview for the project.

I'm excited about the progress that has been made in such a short amount of time, and I'm encouraged by the fact that I now have some extremely nice people working on my behalf.  Can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment